Statewide data on alcohol-involved crashes in New Mexico is primarily compiled by the University of New Mexico’s Division of Government Research. In some cases, the DWI Resource Center can perform customized DWI analysis to meet your needs, so if you do not find the information you are looking for here, please contact us at (505) 881-1084.
The following PDF files are annual reports compiled by UNM’s Division of Government Research detailing statewide information pertaining to alcohol-involved crashes in New Mexico. Data for 2007 is not yet complete.
- 2006 DWI Report (PDF 2MBkb)
- 2005 DWI Report (PDF 887kb)
- 2004 DWI Report (PDF 1.9M)
- 2003 DWI Report (PDF 616kb)
- 2002 DWI Report (PDF 986kb)
- 2001 DWI Report (PDF 986kb)
- 2000 DWI Report (PDF 241kb)
- 1999 DWI Report (PDF 257kb)
- 1998 DWI Report (PDF 246kb)
- 1997 DWI Report (PDF 273kb)
- 1996 DWI Report (PDF 214kb)
- 1995 DWI Report (PDF 171kb)
In addition, the Center provides a number of additional reports by various researchers and organizations on alcohol-involved crashes and impaired driving. Please select a link from the list below.
- Crime and the New Mexico Reservation: An Analysis of Crime on Native American Land (1996-2002), Executive Summary (PDF)
- Combatting DWI: What Really Works?
- New Mexico Monthly Fatality Rates
- NM DWI Arrest Trends
- NM Alcohol-Involved Crash Trends
- Impaired Driving in New Mexico, — Ted Miller, Ph.D., Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation — Report to NHTSA